Refreshing Science - A National Science Week Event
Refreshing Science is an adults only event designed to entertain and engage the community in socially relevant science concepts and emphasise the value of science to their lives and our future.
On Wednesday 14th August, Faculty of Sciences in conjunction with the South Australian Museum arranged leading researchers to delivered relevant science concepts that emphasise the value of science in our lives. The format was a fast-paced presentation which did 'wow' the audience!
In no particular order, our speakers for the evening were:
- Prof. Barry Brook – "Feedbacks and tipping points in the earth system"
- Prof. Stephen Donnellan – "The biggest balls of all"
- Assoc. Prof. Greg Metha – "Use of high tech chemistry to solve the world's energy and CO2 problems"
- Dr Gavin Rowell - "The origin of cosmic-rays - a 100 year old mystery"
- Assoc. Prof. Grant Booker - "The future is in your DNA"
Stay tuned for more Refreshing Science events in 2014.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org