Why Waite - Schools Program
Primary and secondary school groups are invited to visit the Waite campus for a range of fun and educational activities around plants and agriculture.
Activities can be tailored to suit particular curriculum requirements and vary from 60 minute sessions to whole-day activities
Some of these activities include:
- Soil filtration analysis – the chemical and physical properties of soils.
- Flavour sensory – how the chemistry of food affects what we taste.
- Phenotype vs genotype – understanding plant genetics.
- DNA extractions and various molecular techniques.
- Tours of sites on campus, including the winery and Plant Accelerator.
National Schools Wine Competition
Is your class making wine, learning about viticulture, harvesting, bottling or even interested in labeling? Talk to Why Waite about the National School Wine Competition, to learn how you and your students can be involved in fantastic experience. This opportunity includes having wines judged by a leading expert panel; commentary on results; and a free full day workshop of curriculum complementing activities.