Be inspired by science and technology
Immerse yourself in science with the Bright Sparks Science Club for kids aged 6 to 15 years. Become a member and access fun, interactive and educational events across all areas of science and technology.
Bright Sparks events and activities
There's something for every curious mind! Bright Sparks Science Club hold events on weekends, school holidays and some weeknights.
Learn and be inspired by activities such as:
- Spectacular science shows
- Robotics and electronics workshops
- Behind the scenes tours of Adelaide landmarks and facilities
- Hands on experiments in forensic science
- Astronomy viewing and planetarium visits
- Wildlife experiences
- Field trips
- Science skills workshops
Bookings are essential for all events, including free events. There is a cost for some events to cover the costs of presenters, venue hire fees and resources.
Bright Sparks membership
Membership to the Bright Sparks Science Club is a great value with a family membership available for multiple children.
The 12-month membership can be purchased at any time throughout the year. For existing members, we will send a reminder email and SMS one month before your membership is due for renewal.
Family with one child - $55 for 12 months
Family with 2 or more children - $75 for 12 months
Booking for events
All event bookings are online and via our EventBrite page. We don't accept walk-in registrations or payments at events unless specified otherwise.
Event booked out?
Don't panic! Contact Jacinta as other participants may have cancelled.
Bringing a friend
If your son or daughter has a friend interested in attending an event, they may:
- Attend only if the event is also open to non-members; or
- Register as a Bright Sparks member to unlock all the benefits of being a member.
Health and safety
During an event, please follow all occupational health and safety instructions from the activity coordinator.
If the event is on the University of Adelaide campus please note:
- In the case of an emergency please follow all procedures or instructions given by staff and the activity coordinator.
- Use personal protective wear and safety equipment as required.
- Report an injury or illness immediately.
- Report unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- No food or drink is permitted inside a laboratory.
- Closed footwear must be worn inside a laboratory.
Parking and transport
When attending an event at the University, we recommend arriving with ample time to find a parking spot. If you are unable to find a park on Kintore Avenue, Victoria Drive, Frome Road or War Memorial Drive, there are a few other options available.
Parking within the University's North Terrace campus is available all day on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays and after 4.30pm on weekdays. Ticket machines and parking locations are marked on the campus map.
We also recommend the following commercial car parks, particularly for evening events, because of their longer opening hours:
Bright Sparks is an approved Children's University Australia (CUA) learning destination. Children enrolled in CUA receive discount on ticketed Bright Sparks events.
Children cannot aspire to what they don’t know, the aim of CUA is to encourage children aged between 7-14 years to try new experiences outside of school learning activities and recognise their achievements through the award of formal certificates. Currently CUA membership is based around a child's school and the school has to be registered with CUA for the child to be able to participate.