The University of Adelaide’s Science Academy is for students in Years 8-12 who are passionate about science.
The Science Academy program aims to encourage students to study science. Students will develop an understanding of the relationship between high-school science subjects, university degrees and how to turn their passion for science into a career.
Participating Year 12 students will also benefit from an early provisional offer into a selected science degree* before they sit their exams.
Participating students are not required to do any additional work and all on-campus events are held outside of school hours.
Register your school
Participating schools will have access to:
- Up to four interactive workshops at your school
- Invitation to exclusive on-campus events
- Subject selection resources and advice for students
- Early offer* into a University of Adelaide science degree for year 12 students
In-school science workshops
We invite students in Years 10 and 11 to participate in a range of interactive science workshops delivered in-school by University of Adelaide science educators.
Choose from activities in chemistry, biology and physics, as well as other areas such as earth and environmental science, agriculture, animal science and future careers.
Workshops work best with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 students.
Participating students should be identified by their teacher based on their interest in the subject area.
Year 12 students
Participating Year 12 students will gain an insight into life as a science student at the University of Adelaide and discover how studying science can lead to a huge range of career opportunities.
Our program is suitable for students who are studying two or more science subjects (Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Food & Nutrition, Physics, Scientific Studies or Mathematics) or one science subject and one maths subject.
Students will gain exclusive invitations to a range of on-campus events and an early provisional offer into a range of University of Adelaide Science degrees.
Year 12s get their science offer sooner
Get your science offer sooner
We know there’s more to life than exam results and we realise that a high ATAR doesn’t necessarily guarantee success at uni.
Our early offer scheme rewards students’ passion and commitment to science in Year 12, providing them with a provisional offer into a range of science degrees at the University of Adelaide before sitting their exams.
Students must be studying two science subjects (from the list above) or 1 x science subjects and 1 x maths subject; gain an ATAR of 65; and meet any other prerequisites for the course.
Students can choose from any of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Applied Biology
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Behaviour)
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science (Ecotourism)
- Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology)
- Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geoscience)
- Bachelor of Science (Wildlife Conservation Biology)
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology
- Bachelor of Science and Entrepreneurship
In order to be considered for an early offer, students need to be a registered Science Academy member and preference any of the above University of Adelaide science degrees in their SATAC application.