AIFST Food Science Summer School
Food science, nutrition and agriculture students and graduates can grow, learn and connect with the Australian food industry at an upcoming summer school at the University of Adelaide.
The Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology will run its annual summer school in February 2019 at the University’s Waite campus.
The two-day event will provide opportunities for participants to:
- Build their professional food industry network among their peers, industry and academia.
- Be exposed to food industry opportunities through industry guest speakers, who can provide insight and advice on prospective career paths.
- First-hand engagement through local site tours around Adelaide of ‘real world’ industrial and research facilities.
- Build on current skills through workshops designed to challenge food science and technology knowledge and encourage critical and reflective thinking.
- Build industry-relevant skills including presentation and public speaking skills with a platform for participants to present their current research in front of their peers.
More than 550 students over the past eight years have attended the AIFST Food Science Summer School.