Events: Physical Sciences
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Napier G04, North Terrace campus
The Ramsay Fellowships support outstanding young Australian scientists to realise their potential as scientific leaders at the University of Adelaide. Current Fellows Dr Fiona Whelan, Dr Stephen Warren-Smith and Dr Stephanie Watts-Williams, will present their exciting research in this public seminar.
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus (or online)
Spend an evening with an internationally diverse set of scientists who will answer questions about particle physics and high-performance distributed computing.
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Scott Theatre, Schulz building, North Terrace campus
SEPT 12: To celebrate 150 years of the Periodic Table, join the Royal Australian Chemical Institute's guest lecturer Dr Peter Wothers for an exciting and explosive journey through the elements.
- Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: MacBeth Lecture Theatre - Badger building
SEPT 30: Professor Susumu Kitagawa from Kyoto University will present a seminar on Forth generation (4G) porous coordination polymers/metal-organic frameworks
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: MacBeth Lecture Theatre - badger building
OCT 3: Ruth Wang will present a seminar on Proteomic and structural characterisation of snake venom proteins using mass spectrometry
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Darling West Lecture Theatre - Darling West building
Our solar system contains a great array of small planetary bodies that show remarkable variability in the chemistry, and subsequent materials, that form on their surfaces.
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Mawson Lecture Theatre, Mawson Building
Dr Linda Armbrecht will present a seminar on using ancient DNA from the seafloor to reconstruct past marine life
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: SG20 Hone Lecture Theatre, Helen Mayo Sth, North Tce campus
AUGUST 13: This public forum focuses on the transformative change called for by the IPBES report which highlighted the critical importance of biodiversity to human well-being.