Prepare for a future in Science
The University of Adelaide Science Academy has been established to increase high school student engagement in STEM subjects to develop the key skills employers want, and prepare them for jobs of the future.
Two streams are available to provide students with unique exposure to science to extend their experience from the school classroom and explore future pathways.
Stream 1 for Year 10 & 11 students
- Peer support. Current University of Adelaide science students will be matched with schools to share experiences and facilitate activities
- Exclusive online access to expert guest lectures and seminars on topical science questions
- Additional advice through a University of Adelaide presence at school subject selection events
- Printed STEM subject selection guide to prepare for university prerequisites
- Access to an online science careers quiz to assist with PLP and subject selection.
Register your school for Stream 1
Schools interested in partnering with the Science Academy need to nominate a staff member to be a project leader and main contact, and complete the online form by no later than the end of week 1 of the 2018 school year.
Stream 2 for Year 12 students:
- Early notification of guaranteed entry into a select science degree at the University of Adelaide (providing minimum academic requirements met)
- Exclusive invitation to our on-campus science careers and industry evening
- Access to our Science Academy Facebook group to meet like-minded Year 12 students and chat with current university students
- Ongoing support from university staff on admissions and degree selection advice
- Student level access to science resources including online topical guest lectures from leading scientists, careers quiz, and the University library
- Special invitations to events and opportunities with University of Adelaide science student clubs and networks.
Register for Stream 2
Students going into Year 12 need to self-register below by no later than week 3 of the 2018 school year.
School and teacher benefits
Becoming a Science Academy 'Partner School' brings benefits to both the school and the participating teachers.
- Partner Schools can position themselves as a leading STEM educator in their local area by implementing innovative STEM offerings through the University of Adelaide’s knowledge and support network including presence at school subject selection events.
- Early VIP registration and input on topics and themes of STEM teacher professional development events held on campus at the University of Adelaide.
“ This experience helped me to explore my options and choose the best degree matched to my interest and career options in physics.
Learning from top scientists and networking with other like-minded students were highlights of the program which gave me a head start in preparing for university life. ”
Calvin Fancett - Australian Science and Mathematics School
Current High Performance Computational Physics student.
Phone: (08) 8313 5673