The 10 Big Questions
The Faculty of Sciences has refocussed its curriculum on the BIG QUESTIONS of the future such as climate change, biodiversity loss, feeding the world and food security.
By providing our students with a more relevant curriculum, placing it in a context that everyone will understand and value, we aim to make the study of science more appealing and highly sought after as a pathway to a diverse range of careers.
Our degrees and the 10 Big Questions:
- How did the Universe begin?
- How does the Earth work?
- What is life?
- How did life evolve on Earth?
- How do we unravel the causes of disease?
- Why does climate change?
- How can we feed the World sustainably?
- How can we reduce our reliance on fossil fuels?
- How will we conserve species diversity?
- Where will the nanoscience revolution take us?