Highlights from CSSM in 2017
- QCD and HPC: Professor Derek Leinweber and the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre at UWA have published two videos (Part 1 and Part 2 ), in which Derek describes his research into lattice field theory and its relationship to the origin of mass - as well as the great importance of up-to-date supercomputing facilities to computationally-intensive research areas.
- CSSM PhD graduate Dr. Phiala Shanahan was named in this year's "Forbes 30 under 30", and will take up positions at William and Mary College, and JLab.
- An article on the CSSM, including outlines of recent research findings, was published by "Science in Public". Here is the link to the article.
- The CSSM is hosting QCD Downunder 2017, at the Cairns Novotel Oasis resort. This workshop brings together researchers in non-perturbative field theory, hadron physics and related fields.
2017 : April
- An article by Ross Young, describing recent work by Sufian et al on the influence of strange quarks on the electric-charge distribution and magnetic moment of the proton, has been published in Nature.
2017 : January
|News by theme||News by school||News by subject|
How do we feed the world’s growing population? How do we save our wildlife from extinction? Got an idea that will build a brighter, greener world?
Australian high school students are invited to submit a short video about one of Australia’s big science challenges.