Eligibility and How to Apply
Applications for the 2021 program open in June (and close on the 31st July), with successful applicants to be notified in early August.
Because of ongoing travel uncertainty, the 2021 NExUS program is planning innovations to the program to allow maximum attendance from all states, including a planned stand-alone NExUS-RoadShow workshop in Perth (for WA residents) between the 15th and 21st November. This will be followed with an extended field and lecture program in South Australia (for residents of SA, NT, ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD and TAS) between the 28th November and 8th December.
Applications are still encouraged from every State and Territory, and further program details will be made available as soon as we can!
- There are places for up to 30 participants from anywhere in Australia.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled at an Australian University. We encourage you to apply in your final year of your BSc or in your honours or coursework masters year.
- Applications from early career professionals in industry (typically less than two years), or with government geological surveys and organisations are also welcome.
- International students enrolled at Australian Universities are eligible to apply.
If we receive more applications than there are places in the course, selection will be based on:
- Your responses to the questions on the application form; and
- Information provided by your referees.
You will need to invite two referees to provide a reference via the online form when you apply. For currently enrolled students we recommend one academic referee and one professional referee.
Applications for the 2021 program are NOW OPEN! (and will close on 31st July)