The School of Physical Sciences attracts world-class researchers and innovative science students who share a passion for making new discoveries in the fields of chemistry, earth sciences and physics.
Our research world-firsts capture international attention in the world's best research journals. These breakthroughs, which have the potential to change lives, attract extensive external funding and create new opportunities for international collaboration.
Centres and institutes
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics - CNBP
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery - OzGrav
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Particle Physics at the Terascale - CoEPP
- ARC Special Research Centre for the Subatomic Structure of Matter - CSSM
- Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials - CAN
- Centre for Complex Systems and the Structure of Matter - C2SSM
- Centre for Energy Technology
- Centre for Tectonics, Resources and Exploration - TRaX
- Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources - IMER
- Institute of Photonics & Advanced Sensing - IPAS
- MinEx Cooperative Research Centre
- South Australian Centre for Geothermal Energy Research
- Sprigg Geobiology Centre