Advances in Subatomic Physics workshop - July 2021
The Special Research Centre for the Subatomic Structure of Matter will be hosting a workshop in honour of the 70th birthday of Professor Tony Thomas and the 60th birthday of Professor Derek Leinweber.
Registration will open in due course before the Workshop.
Date and Venue
Dates: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the dates for the workshop have been changed. The revised dates are Monday July 12th to Friday July 16th, 2021.
Venue: Pullman Cairns International, 17 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland
Monday 12th Tuesday 13th Wednesday 14th Thursday 15th Friday 16th 09:00-09:30 FREE DAY --------------- 09:30-10:00 10:00-10:30 10:30-11:00 Tea/coffee Tea/coffee Tea/coffee Tea/coffee 11:00-11:30 11:30-12:00 12:00-12:30 12:30-13:00 Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch 13:00-13:30 Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch 13:30-14:00 Discussion Discussion Discussion Discussion 14:00-14:30 Discussion Discussion Discussion Discussion 14:30-15:00 Discussion Discussion Discussion Discussion 15:00-15:30 Tea/coffee Tea/coffee Tea/coffee Tea/coffee 15:30-16:00 16:00-16:30 16:30-17:00 Reception
18:30 for 19:00
Accommodation prices have been negotiated for delegates at the Advances in Subatomic Physics Workshop to be held at the Pullman Cairns International Hotel, 17 Abbott Street, Cairns.
The accommodation rate for 5 (or more) nights is:
- Standard booking: City Mountain View Room at AUD$149.00 per night (full breakfast additional $22 per day).
- An upgrade is possible to a Harbour View Room at AUD$169 per night (full breakfast additional $22 per day).
The accommodation rates above are available also for two days either side of the workshop if delegates wish to arrive earlier or stay later in Cairns.
Please note: If an accommodation booking is for fewer than 5 nights, the room rates will be an additional AUD$20 per night.
How to book
To make an accommodation booking, email the Reservations Team at the Pullman Cairns International at H8772-RE1@accor.com quoting 'CSSM2020' and identifier block '2245479'.
Please indicate the dates you require accommodation booked in a City Mountain View Room or an upgrade to a Harbour View Room. The Reservations Team will then contact you to confirm your booking.
Information for presenters
- There will be an 85" (216cm) LCD panel for display of presentations.
- As it has a 16:9 aspect ratio of 1920x1080-pixel resolution. It is highly recommended that presentations be formatted in that aspect ratio whenever possible.
- Connection to the LCD panel will be via a supplied HDMI cable. A variety of video adapters will be available - including mini-DisplayPort and USB-C - but it is suggested that presenters bring along an adapter of their own if they have one - as long as it has an HDMI port for output.
- Laptops that have an inbuilt HDMI port should be able to take an HDMI cable directly- but please do check that this is the case beforehand.
- Please be aware that a short amount of time may be required for switching between laptops in between talks, so pre-workshop practice of connecting an external display to your laptop is recommended!
- The organisers will have a Macbook Air available for showing presentations - preferred format is PDF to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Also, a combined laser pointer/clicker will be available, but please be aware that this requires a standard USB port for its receiver.
As registrations come in, a list of Workshop participants will be shown here.