Choose agriculture and study a degree ranked in the top 40 in the world. There are five jobs available, on average, for every graduate from our agricultural science program.
- You’ll study at the Waite and Roseworthy campuses, which are recognised as centres of excellence in agricultural science.
- You’ll discover the physical, biological, technological and economic bases of modern agricultural systems, and learn to manage diverse agricultural systems and natural resources.
- We’re co-located with government and industry partners, so you’ll be able to use the latest research, innovation and technology.
Studying the best agricultural science degree in South Australia can be a great investment in your future.
This video is provided with thanks to Children’s University Australia, a University of Adelaide outreach program.
Join the booming agriculture industry
- This degree gives you the highest chance of full-time employment, compared to any other degree in South Australia.
- The proportion of agricultural graduates in full-time employment is 12-15% higher than graduates from other degrees.
- In fact, 91% of our Bachelor of Agricultural Science graduates find full-time employment within just a few months of graduation.
- Become highly sought after in the livestock, cropping, banking, research and natural resource management industries.
Explore the domestic and international student scholarships available when you choose agricultural sciences.
Study and career options
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Applied Biology
Choose a major in:
- Bachelor of Science or
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) or
Bachelor of Science and Entrepreneurship
Choose a major in:
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Behaviour)
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology - NEW
- Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
- Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
- Masters of Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
Viticulture and oenology
Research degrees in agriculture
Undergraduate level research
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology
Higher degree by research
Agriculture short courses
Fundamentals of Spirit Production
A 5-day intensive course enables you to engage in a pot still distillation run and guided spirit tastings, participate in a gin masterclass and visit boutique distilleries to gain insight into the processes for whisky and gin production.
Fundamentals of Brewing Science
This 5-day intensive course provides an introduction to brewing theory and practice before diving deeper into raw ingredients and production systems and their impact on ultimate beer style.
World of Wine: From Grape to Glass
In this free online course, learn about the principles and practices of how grapes are grown and wine is made. Whether you’re a wine novice or a seasoned oenophile, you’ll learn to confidently describe wine appearance, aroma, flavour and taste.