Biomedical Science & Biotechnology
Access world-class training from leading researchers and some of the most advanced technology in the Southern Hemisphere. Study biotechnology and biomedical science and you will graduate ready to join one of the fastest growing sectors in the world.
Do you want to catapult yourself to the forefront of this dynamic and fast-evolving industry? With us you can.
My biotechnology degree has given me fascinating insights into both biological sciences research and the biotechnology industry, which utilises this scientific research to push the boundaries of innovation and development for the benefit of humankind. This degree will give me an edge in my future career as it focuses on both future research and industry pathways for future graduates.Denghao Wu - Bachelor of Sciences (Biotechnology)
Be part of a rapidly evolving industry
Ten years ago, 90% of biotechnology jobs did not exist. Study biomedical science and biotechnology to:
- Discover technologies such as protein separation, genomics and proteomics to produce foods, drugs and other products.
- Use the revolutionary gene editing technology at the first Genome Editing Facility in Australia.
- Learn about molecular biology, animal, plant and microbial biotechnology, structural biology and bioprocess engineering.
- Gain cutting-edge insights from industry lecturers and placements and learn from world-class biomedical researchers and educators.
- Benefit from a unique cross-disciplinary approach, which incorporates science, plus engineering, computer and mathematical sciences.
- Undertake research projects as an introduction to modern biomedical research.
- Apply your knowledge to plant production, human and animal health, biofuels, and ultimately to regulation and commercialisation of plant biotechnology.
- We are ranked in the top 100 in the world for biological sciences and best in South Australia.
Explore the domestic and international student scholarships available when you choose biomedical science or biotechnology.
Honours in biomedical science and biotechnology
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Applied Biology
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Chemical) with Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology (Biomedical)
- Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Biomedical)
- Master of Biotechnology (Biomedical)
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
- Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
- Master of Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)