Physics Bridging Course
In just 10 weeks or less, the University of Adelaide Physics Bridging Course can help you meet the physics requirements for our undergraduate degrees in engineering, health and sciences.
Our bridging course will get you ready for university if you don’t have the Year 12 physics prerequisite for your preferred degree. It is available for both domestic and international students.
Why choose this course?
- 100% online flexible learning
- Complete in 10 weeks or less
- Do-at-home practicals with no specialised equipment
- Learn from world-class physics experts from the University of Adelaide
- Designed to meet the Stage 2 Physics national curriculum
- Start: 15 November 2021 or 4 April 2022
- Duration: 10 weeks (or less)
- Location: Online
- Requires: Completion of Year 11 Physics
- Cost: $790
No FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP available
Who is this course for?
This course will prepare you for first-year university physics subjects. It is for both domestic and international students. It is suited to:
- Students who have only completed Year 11 Physics but want to apply for a degree that has Year 12 Physics (SACE Stage 2 or equivalent) as a ‘prerequisite’.
- Students who have only completed Year 11 Physics and are starting a degree with an ‘assumed knowledge’ of physics.
- School leavers or adult entrants who previously completed Year 12 Physics and require a refresher.
The course is structured in modules with on-demand mini-lectures, video tutorials of physics principles and worked examples of problems. Assessment is completed by a mix of quizzes, assignments, reports and tests.
Topics will include:
- Gravity and motion
- Modern physics
What degrees require physics knowledge?
The following undergraduate degrees at the University of Adelaide require or recommend Year 12 Physics as a prerequisite.
- Bachelor of Science (Space Science & Astrophysics)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in High Performance Computational Physics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Flexible Entry
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Architectural and Structural)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Electrical and Electronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Mining)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Petroleum)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Petroleum) with major
Prerequisite for some majors
- Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Engineering Pathway
Physics can be used as a prerequisite
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)(Environmental)
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geoscience)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Oral Health
Terms and conditions
Ready to level up in physics?
We're currently accepting applications for an upcoming session of the Physics Bridging Course. By completing the form below, you will be emailed further instructions on how to enrol into the course.
Want to start uni next year? Here's how you can.
|Register for the Physics Bridging Course||Until 15 November 2021|
||Between 2 August and 1 December 2021|
|Complete Year 12 exams||12 October to 15 November 2021|
|Complete the Physics Bridging Course||15 November 2021 to 21 January 2022 (or earlier)|
|Receive offer to preferred degree/s^||Between 21 January and 7 March 2022|
^An offer will be made subject to successfully completing the Physics Bridging Course, meeting the minimum academic score, other prerequisite subjects, any additional requirements (questionnaire, interview etc.) and availability of the degree.
*Please note that while this course may also meet assumed knowledge or prerequisites for Stage 2 Physics at other institutions, we can not guarantee other education providers will recognise this course.