The Faculty of Sciences offers support for students that complement the wide range of university services that are available.
While there are many support services available, knowing where to start and who to ask can be difficult. Have a look at the resources below as well as the key contacts and how they can help you.
Navigating university life can be tricky. We encourage you to reach out and utilise the support service available. The University of Adelaide has a variety of resources available to help you prepare and manage your academic study.
- Sciences Service Hub
- School offices
- Program / course coordinators
- Ask Adelaide
- Academic support
- Personal support
- University experiences
Student Experience Team - Sciences Service Hub
The Student Experience Team in the Sciences Service Hub are available between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday to provide online and face-to-face assistance with:
- Program advice
- Enrolment queries
- Course specific information
- Advice on catching up on practicals/in class test
- Submission of forms
- Audit / Non-award study
- Program transfers
- Study abroad queries
- Confidential one-on-one chats about issues or problems relating to your study.
Contact your school office
Please note that the School offices are temporarily closed.
Services that school offices provide include:
- Submission of assignments
- Postgraduate and research study enquiries
- Information on specific scholarships and volunteering
- Payments for field trips
The Faculty of Sciences is made up of four schools. You may be taking courses from more than one school at any given time.
Program and course coordinators
Have a query about a discipline area or would like to discuss academic pathways and careers? You can talk to your program coordinator or an academic advisor.
Need help or information about a specific course? Contact the appropriate course coordinator.
Ask Adelaide is your one stop shop for all general current student enquiries.
Academic support for science students
The academic support we offer comes in many different forms, such as drop-in centres, workshops and online resources. The range of academic support on offer caters for the varying needs of individuals and we encourage you to access multiple services.
Sometimes, things can be a bit overwhelming or you may just need a little extra help when you arrive. The University offers a range of services to help you balance your activities while maintaining your physical and mental well-being.
For many students, study is only one part of their life. There is also part-time work, family commitments, sport and a social life.
Enhance your university experience
University is not just about studying. It’s also a great chance to explore new interests and make friends. These extra-curricula activities can really add value to your university experience.
Adelaide University Union
The Adelaide University Union provides services and advice for almost every aspect of your life on campus.
Clubs and student societies
Joining a club is the best way to meet people, share your interests and make friends on campus. Our faculty is home to a number of vibrant clubs and student societies including the Adelaide University Sciences Association.
Adelaide University Sport
Adelaide University Sport provides and promotes the best possible sport and recreation environment for the University.
Explore our top FAQs
Study plan and degree options
- Where can I find my study plan?
- What is the difference between a core course and an elective?
- What electives should I study?
- What are the different types of classes?
- What's the difference between part-time and full-time study?
- Can I transfer to another degree?
- If I've accepted my SATAC offer and enrolled, but now want to defer, what should I do?
- How do I take a break from study?
- How do I get a student ID card?
- Is Microsoft Office 365 available for students and staff?
- How do I connect to the University's wireless network?
- How do I hire a locker in Hub Central?
- What's my student email address?
- Where can I buy my textbooks?
- How do I book a project room in Hub Central?
- How can I get my course reader?