Study Honours in Science
Boost your employability with honours in science. Be mentored by scientific experts as you immerse yourself in discipline-based research or a broader professional skills pathway.
An honours degree in science is one year of study where you concentrate on a project or area of science that interests you the most. Both our disciplinary research and professional skills pathways:
- Enhance your professional skills and prepare you for greater career success.
- Include a coursework component which will help you gain the skills employers want.
- Involve a research, industry or community related science project of your choice.
- Can lead to further study at PhD level.
How can I study honours in science?
Bachelor of Science (Honours) or Bachelor of Food & Nutrition Science (Honours)
- More research intensive.
- Study area specific coursework.
- Prepares you for a career in your preferred discipline of science.
- Choose this option if you would prefer to work with a specific researcher or research group; or in a particular scientific discipline.
Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Less research intensive.
- Coursework with students in same pathway.
- Prepares you for your career by building wider professional skills.
- Choose this option if you want to expand your science knowledge and skills more broadly, rather than in a specific discipline. We will help you find an expert to work with.
|Honours in Chemistry||Wednesday October 20||5.15pm||Physics 121, Physics building||Register|
|Honours in Ecology and Environmental Science||Friday October 22||12pm||Mezzanine, Hub|
If your honours area of interest is not listed, an event may have already occurred. Contact an honours coordinator or project supervisor for more information.