Boost your employability with honours in science
Be mentored by scientific experts as you immerse yourself in discipline-based research or a broader professional skills pathway.
An honours degree in science is one year of study where you concentrate on a project or area of science that interests you the most.
Both our disciplinary research and professional skills pathways:
- Enhance your professional skills and prepare you for greater career success.
- Include a coursework component which will help you gain the skills employers want.
- Involve a research, industry or community related science project of your choice.
- Can lead to further study at PhD level.
How can I study honours in science?
Bachelor of Science (Honours) or
Bachelor of Food & Nutrition Science (Honours)
- More research intensive.
- Coursework that focuses on the study area you choose.
- Prepares you for a career in your preferred discipline of science.
- Choose this option if you would prefer to work with a specific researcher or research group; or in a particular scientific discipline.
Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Less research intensive.
- Includes coursework that is common across all students in this pathway.
- Prepares you for your career by building wider professional skills.
- Choose this option if you want to expand your science knowledge and skills more broadly, rather than in a specific discipline. We will help you find an expert to work with.
Direct entry honours
These undergraduate degrees have direct entry into an honours year at the end of your third year of study.
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science (Direct entry)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Direct entry)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology (Direct entry)
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in High Performance Computational Physics (Direct entry)