Boost your employability with honours in science
Be mentored by scientific experts as you immerse yourself in discipline-based research or a broader professional skills pathway.
An honours degree in science is one year of study where you concentrate on a project or area of science that interests you the most.
- Enhance your professional skills and prepare you for greater career success.
- Include a coursework component which will help you gain the skills employers want.
- Involve a research, industry or community related science project of your choice.
- Can lead to further study at PhD level.
Disciplinary research pathway
- More research intensive.
- Coursework that focuses on the study area you choose.
- Prepares you for a career in your preferred discipline of science.
- Choose this option if you would prefer to work with a specific researcher or research group; or in a particular scientific discipline.
- Agricultural science
- Animal science
- Ecology and environmental science
- Environmental geoscience (Earth sciences)
- Evolution and palaeobiology
- Food and Nutrition
- Geology (Earth sciences)
- Geophysics (Earth sciences)
- Mathematical physics
- Molecular and biomedical science
- Plant science
- Soil science
- Wine science
*project booklets are added as they become available
Professional skills pathway
- Less research intensive.
- Includes coursework that is common across all students in this pathway.
- Prepares you for your career by building wider professional skills.
- Choose this option if you want to expand your science knowledge and skills more broadly, rather than in a specific discipline. We will help you find an expert to work with.
Other honours degrees
1. Attend an information session
|3 May 2019 12pm||The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus||Register|
|16 May 2019 12pm||McLeod Lecture Theatre, Waite campus||Register|
|30 May 2019 12pm||Richardson Lecture Theatre, Roseworthy campus||Register|
2. Apply / register your interest
My semester-long work placement in biomedical science gave me the courage and skills to start an honours year in bioinformatics. Here I created a project impressive enough to admit me one of the best bioinformatics institutes in the world.Brittany Howell - Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science); Bachelor of Science (Honours) Now PhD Candidate, Sanger Institute