Boost your employability with honours in science
Be mentored by scientific experts as you immerse yourself in discipline-based research or a broader professional skills pathway. An honours degree in science is one year of study where you concentrate on a project or area of science that interests you the most.
- Enhance your professional skills and prepare you for greater career success.
- Include a coursework component which will help you gain the skills employers want.
- Involve a research, industry or community related science project of your choice.
- Can lead to further study at PhD level.
Disciplinary research pathway
- More research intensive.
- Coursework that focuses on the study area you choose.
- Prepares you for a career in your preferred discipline of science.
- Choose this option if you would prefer to work with a specific researcher or research group; or in a particular scientific discipline.
|Agricultural science||Animal science||Chemistry|
|Ecology and environmental science||Earth sciences and environmental geoscience||Evolution and palaeobiology|
|Horticulture||Mathematical physics||Molecular and biomedical science|
|Physics||Plant science||Science in society|
|Soil science||Viticulture||Wine science|
|*project booklets are added as they become available|
Professional skills pathway
- Less research intensive.
- Includes coursework that is common across all students in this pathway.
- Prepares you for your career by building wider professional skills.
- Choose this option if you want to expand your science knowledge and skills more broadly, rather than in a specific discipline. We will help you find an expert to work with.
|Science communication||Science education||Science innovation|
|Science policy||Project management|