Study Honours in Science
Boost your employability with honours in science. Be mentored by scientific experts as you immerse yourself in discipline-based research or a broader professional skills pathway.
An honours degree in science is one year of study where you concentrate on a project or area of science that interests you the most. Both our disciplinary research and professional skills pathways:
- Enhance your professional skills and prepare you for greater career success.
- Include a coursework component which will help you gain the skills employers want.
- Involve a research, industry or community related science project of your choice.
- Can lead to further study at PhD level.
How can I study honours in science?
Bachelor of Science (Honours) or Bachelor of Food & Nutrition Science (Honours)
- More research intensive.
- Study area specific coursework.
- Prepares you for a career in your preferred discipline of science.
- Choose this option if you would prefer to work with a specific researcher or research group; or in a particular scientific discipline.
Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Less research intensive.
- Coursework with students in same pathway.
- Prepares you for your career by building wider professional skills.
- Choose this option if you want to expand your science knowledge and skills more broadly, rather than in a specific discipline. We will help you find an expert to work with.
Upcoming honours information events
There are no upcoming honours information events, however you can watch the recording of our session from October 6, 2020.