Forms and Policies

Find a form or resource relating to your studies in the Faculty of Sciences.

  • Enrolment errors

    Enrolment error forms for students
    Form Description
    Course / class full form Use this form to request to be enrolled into a course or class that is full.
    Timetable clash resolution Use this form to request a resolution to clashes in your timetable, such as a clash between two lectures and no alternative times.
    Unit overload request Use this form to request enrolment into more than the allowed maximum number of units in a semester.

    Processing of enrolment error forms

    Processing times

    In the four weeks before each semester more than 1000 Enrolment Error Forms are lodged with the Faculty Office, therefore significant delays are possible. Please allow five working days for your request to be processed, however in peak times this may be extended. Priority is given to requests submitted for the immediate semester.

    Enrolment priorities

    Please note: The Faculty Office priority in processing enrolment requests is to enrol students in their chosen courses but, not necessarily, in their chosen classes. As a result you may find that you are not enrolled in your preferred classes or that you have some unwanted timetable clashes.

    In a limited number of cases the Faculty Office may need to move students between classes to resolve timetable clashes for core courses or to manage unexpected changes to class schedules and staff availability. If your enrolment has to be changed you will be notified via email.

    Successful requests

    If you have been successfully enrolled in your chosen course, this will be shown on your enrolment list in Access Adelaide and you will be notified via email.

    Failed requests

    It is not possible to satisfy every enrolment request. A number of classes have fixed physical constraints that cannot be exceeded without removing other students. If we are unable to enrol you into your chosen course, you will be notified via email.

    Class time changes

    Please be aware that changes to timetables can occur up to the end of the first week of semester. While you can reasonably expect to be notified of late changes, sometimes this may not occur. Please check Access Adelaide prior to the start of each semester to confirm your class times.

  • Other enrolment forms

    Other enrolment forms and information for students
    Form Description
    University enrolment Information on and forms for: amendment to enrolment for students; change of personal details; discontinuation of studies; leave of absence; cross-institutional/non-award; and early enrolment
    Audit study enrolment form Enrolment as an audit student allows you to attend lectures and enjoy the presentation, but you don't have to submit any papers, essays or assignments and you don't do tests or exams.
    Course add-late form For use only when adding courses after the last day to add online. It requires a course coordinator's signature before it can be processed by the faculty office.
    Course drop Information on how to drop a course.
    Course drop - non-award students Only for students who cannot drop classes online themselves e.g. non-award study students.
    Non-award study Non-award students attend lectures and tutorials, and are assessed and examined with students who are completing undergraduate degrees. Please read the non-award study enrolment instructions prior to submitting your application.
    Prerequisite or corequisite waiver request form Use to apply for a waiver for a course with corequisites or prerequisites. A form must be submitted for each course.
    Practical exemption form - School of Agriculture, Food and Wine Use to request exemption from practical components in courses offered by the School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
    Practical exemption form - School of Biological Sciences Use to request exemption from practical components in courses offered by the School of Biological Sciences
    Practical exemption form - School of Physical Sciences Use to request exemption from practical components in courses offered by the School of Physical Sciences
    Missed compulsory component form - School of Physical Sciences Use this form if you missed a compulsory graded component of your course during the current semester due to medical or other reasons
  • Academic forms

    Other forms and information for students
    Form Description
    Assessment task extension For students applying for an extension of an assessment item e.g. Essay, assignment. Please note that all requests must be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation and must be handed up to the relevant course coordinator.
    Assessment cover sheet To be used for all assessment items.
    Academic drop-in centre - attendance form This attendance form is for all students attending academic drop in centres. The academic drop in centres are coordinated by academic staff who are on hand to answer specific questions you may have about content within your level 1 core course or concepts you may need some additional help with. Note: the form is password protected.
    Credit transfer For students wishing to apply for credit for previous tertiary study. Please read the domestic student credit transfer information / international student credit transfer information regarding status and exemption for previous study before submitting this form.
    Cross-institutional studies (incoming students) For students wishing to take approved courses at the University of Adelaide (the host institution) for credit towards studies at their home institution.
    Cross-institutional studies (outgoing students) For current faculty of sciences students wishing to undertake studies at another institution for credit towards their studies at the University of Adelaide.
    Discontinuation of studies form Used to discontinue your studies in one or more programs. A discontinuation of studies form needs to be lodged with each school or faculty in which you are enrolled.
    Request a degree check Use to obtain a degree check to ensure you have completed the right courses to date or to find out your eligibility for completion of your program.
    Request a letter For students who require an official letter from the University confirming information such as enrolment details, study load, program completion status, conferral date or holiday dates.
    Supplementary exams
    (Replacement / additional assessment exams)
    Use to request replacement/additional assessment exams. Please read the policies relating to supplementary exams before submitting your application. Requests for replacement/additional exams on compassionate grounds must be accompanied by appropriate supporting documentation.
  • Policies

    Student policies
    Policy Description
    Academic credit arrangements policy This policy sets out the principles for credit arrangements in coursework academic programs within the University of Adelaide.
    Academic progress by coursework students policy This policy applies to all students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
    Outstanding and unsatisfactory academic performance Faculty of Sciences criteria for outstanding academic progress.
    Program rules (sciences) This a comprehensive handbook of the academic program rules for students enrolled in science programs.
    Student related policies All student related policies on one page - from assessment and exams, disability, fees and charges to syllabuses and academic program rules and many more.
  • Taking a break or transferring programs

    Thinking about taking a break?

    We completely understand there are many reasons for taking a break from study.

    We strongly recommend that you contact the faculty office first, so our friendly staff can provide you with accurate information about your options. Sometimes there are some great alternatives about what you could do and we can also give you advice on how to return later.

    If you choose to take a break, your place will stay open for 12 months in all undergraduate programs except veterinary bioscience.

    Key resources

    How to transfer programs

    If you wish to transfer to another program at the University of Adelaide, chat with staff from AskAdelaide and complete an internal transfer application.

    Transfer programs

  • Research students

    Research student forms and information
    Document Description
    Core component of the structured program (CCSP) The core component of the structured program (CCSP) is the first major progress milestone you will complete following candidature commencement.
  • Travel and field trips

    All travel that involves public transport modes or is greater than 50kms travel from Adelaide must be registered through this process for University insurance purposes.

    If you travel without an approved requisition you will be personally liable for any loss or damages incurred during your travel period.

    This process applies to research students, visitors to the university or if you are not a university corporate credit card holder and you need to undertake travel on university business.

    Please check local school procedures for any variations to these rules.

    Research students and visitors

    Field trips

    • Details of the field trip must be signed off by supervisor with names of students and details of the trip. (If your supervisor is the head of school please note this on your form, a signature will not be required).
    • If you are a cardholder, scan the completed field trip form and attach to your travel request.
    • If you are a non-cardholder or use a nominee, send the completed form to your travel arranger/ account nominee.
    • Complete any/all additional HSW requirements for field trips.

    Key contacts

    Sharon Clapham and Cassie Menzel -
    Travel arrangers for students, visitors and non-cardholders

  • Animal and Veterinary Sciences resources

    Forms and information for students undertaking courses offered by the School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
    Document Description
    Animal and Veterinary sciences - Absence from Compulsory Teaching Activity For students who need to apply to be absent from a compulsory teaching activity, such as a tutorial, workshop, practical or DVM rotation class.

    Animal and veterinary science - Leave of absence form (International students)

    Leave of absence form (Domestic students)

    For Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience) and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine students students applying for a leave of absence or an extension to their current leave of absence.
    Inherent requirements - veterinary bioscience and veterinary medicine For all students undertaking the Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience) and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
    Q Fever vaccination information sheet For all students
    Vaccination guidelines For all students

Need help?

The Sciences Service Hub at the faculty office is the place to go for most questions relating to your study.

Book an appointment Email us Call: 08 8313 5673